Saturday, November 30, 2013

In which Sara explains her favorite pizza!

Slave a tutti!Aw, you guys sent me a Christmas package! Y'all are so cute! :) Hahaha.

Well, I have a lot of little things to say this week! Nothing crazy, just tons of little things! :) Haha.

Well, first of all, did you know that tomorrow's Thanksgiving?! Happy Thanksgiving! :) :) Have fun camping without me. No worries, I'll be camping with y'all next year! And, it's okay. We had a mini Thanksgiving today! Honestly, this is one of the happiest days of my mission! Just super fun, and relaxing... (I don't know if I've ever had a relaxing p-day, but today was just so good...!). Basically, 3 of our Senior Couples here at Verona (there are 4 couples, but 1 is constantly out of town) made us a Thanksgiving lunch today! And, can I tell you HOW MUCH FUN it was? Basically, we ate the yummiest lunch, with the yummiest stuffing ever! Then afterwards we listened to the piano (Anz. Sanacuore... remember, he's a BOSS at the piano), and just chilled for a sec, then we went and cleaned up everything, then we all sang a couple Christmas songs from the hymn book, then we all took the happiest Thanksgiving Eve Day picture EVER! :) Honestly, I can't explain how happy I am! It was like just being with my brothers again! Just eating Thanksgiving lunch with a bunch of Anziani (2 companionships from Verona 2, and 2 companionship from Verona 1), and some of the greatest senior couples ever! ilovethemallsomuch!

Oh my gosh, do you want to hear the funniest story!? Okay, so there's this awesome super in gamba senior couple called the Savoldi's (they're from Georgia, I love them! Yay for the South!). Well, Sorella Gross and I (during a scambio) went over to visit them for a second, and we got talking a little bit, and they realized that I was from Florida... Jacksonville, specifically. Well, she proceeds to tell me that she has a grandson who just moved to Jax for work! Hahaha! Basically, she wants me to marry him. THEN, fast forward to today, all of the Senior Couples were walking around taking pictures, because, duh, it's the happiest day ever, and we all want to remember it... well, I got my pie, sit down, then Sorella Savoldi says, "Sorella, stand up for a second, let me take a picture of you with your pie!"... so I get the picture taken... then right after she says, "Perfect, that's going to my grandson." HA! Oh my lanta, I about died... so funny.

Other random things to talk about? I love cherry tomatoes SO much. I basically eat them everyday... I just pop them in my mouth. Remember when I was little and I used to hate tomatoes? Yeah, the mission's really changed me! :) Ha. Also, I made an omlet this morning, and I put zucchini in it, on purpose! And it was the yummiest! Do you know how much I love so many foods, now? So much :) Ha. Also, basically I want to learn really really bad how to cook with artichokes... because, I looove them! My favorite pizza? Let me just tell you. Artichokes, olives, red and yellow peppers, and mushrooms (and sometimes zucchini). Yummiest ever? Yes.

Also, basically I bought a pomegranate this past week. Basically it's super yummy. But, as I eat it, I always remember Betty LaFontaine! Haha, I dunno why. I don't know if it happened once, or if it happens every year, but I just had a very vivid memory of her eating a pomegranate while we were camping for Thanksgiving. Just know, I'm thinking of y'all :) Haha.

And, we were hoping Sorella Gross would still be here for Christmas, so that when we do our Christmas skype calls, y'all could call Betty over, and she and Betty could speak Navajo together! ...BUT, that can't happen :( Sorella Gross is getting transferred. And, Sorella Lyman and I are staying together! At least for 3 more weeks... there are 3 sister missionaries who are going home in the middle of this transfer (for school/holidays), so basically it's very likely that I could get transferred... because they are all 3 in Sister Training Leader positions!

Also, during the Sorella Gross scambio, basically, it was death. Hahaha, the scambio was great, and I love Sorella Gross, BUT as the day weaned on, it got colder... and rainier... so basically, we were soaked from head to toe, riding our bikes in 10 degrees celsius, and we're on bikes, so the wind makes it even colder! I may have gotten a little sick the next day. Haha. Then, the other day we were biking, and it was 0 degrees celsius! It's getting so cold! I dunno how I'm gonna do it on the bikes! Because, it gets freezing, because your getting wind blown straight on you, but at the same time, you're exercising, so you eventually get super hot! It's so hard trying to figure out what to wear... coat.. jacket...? How many layers, because I'll just want to take off tons of the layers anyway, after the bike ride! Haha, crazy.

Oh, also, I'm pretty sure I'll get glasses when I get home. I really don't need them, but they would serve me. Example: at Zone Conferences it's kinda hard for me to see what's being displayed by the projector. Or, getting our kebap the other day (ilovekebap!), I could not read the menu... I'm becoming near-sighted... dang it! I need to eat more carrots!

Also, read Mosiah 23:27! I just love it! Alma's so cool! I liked it better in italian, because it says he put himself in the middle of them, and I just had a really cool movie play out in my head, but he's just the greatest! He's just a normal guy, trying to do his best to encourage, and inspire, and help the others to remember the Lord! Wouldn't that be great if we were all like that? If we just lifted up, and encouraged everyone! So happy :) Let's all be like Alma. And Moroni. And Ammon. And all of the prophets!

The work's been kinda slow. We're working on it. We're gonna pick it up! We're still working with our most wonderful Romanian investigator... I love her, and her tiny little family! They're totes gonna get baptized... we hope! :) Best Christmas present EVER! Ha.

Well, I should probably run. I love y'all oodles and oodles! Super excited to talk to y'all for Christmas! And, thanks again for the Christmas package!

Vi voglio un mondo di bene!
Sorella Sara Willis


Happiest Thanksgiving in Italy EVER! :)
Some of the greatest senior couples ever! :)
Sorella Lyman and I found the HAPPIEST yellow-leaved tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment