Saturday, February 15, 2014

NEXT WEEK!!!!! AUGH!!!!!!!! :)

Okay! Well... ci vediamo settimana prossima?! I know, I can't believe it either!

Okay, on a lighter note, Sorella Lyman and I figured out that "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" and "Pioneer Children" have the same first 8 notes! (più o meno)! How awesome, no? :) Haha.

Okay, also, let me just tell you how it is. So, basically, I've been just fine with finishing my mission... up until last week! So, I had this dream that I was just barely getting home from the mission, and we were driving home down Gano, about to turn in to Bay Circle... and I was not happy (don't worry, this is totes a dream). BECAUSE, I was told the evening before, by an ex-misisonary (there not RM's here... everyone just says ex-missionary) that once he came home his mission just seemed like a dream... and, I woke up, and in my dream it was totally like that... Italy just seemed like a dream... I DON'T WANT MY MISSION TO BE LIKE A DREAM! It's real, it happened. I don't want it to just be a memory, or a distant thought... I want to be able to come back to Italy, to keep all of my relationships, to keep Italy real and alive for me! Mamma mia. But, don't worry, I'm, not freaking out. I'm fine now. I won't let it feel like a dream. Punto. :) Haha.

In other news, I cried soooo much on Sunday. And, it wasn't even my last Sunday in church! Haha. So, long story short, at the beginning of church, we asked a member for help, and there was actually more to the matter than we knew/that we asked, and she kinda reprimanded us, and told us that we gotta know these things, and be better prepared/whatnot... she wasn't doing it to be evil, or mean, but (probably because my emotions are on edge this week, it being the last week!) I had to go into the bathroom, and cry... for about 15 minutes. Then, the second hour was fine, then I asked one of the bishopric if I could bare my testimoney next Sunday, since it will be my last Sunday, and he said they had to do the Young Women's program next Sunday, and that I might have to do it that day in church (like, within the next hour)... and, in fact, I had to do it the next hour! So, because I had already cried that morning, my emotions were even more on edge, and I was fighting back tears all of Sacrament Meeting. Then I went up to bear my testimony... and I cried the whole time... I have no idea if anyone understood me, but I was crying, and apparently I made others cry... in my testimony I read a line of one of my favorite songs "Each Life that Touches ours for Good", then as I sat down, they said, "Well, in honor of S.lla Willis, we're changing the closing hymn to "Each Life that Touches ours for Good", which of course made me cry EVEN MORE (because it's like a goodbye, "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" song). Basically, I didn't sing. I was crying the whole time. Way super hard. I wasn't bawling, because let's face it, I don't cry that hard... but it was the closest to bawling I've ever gotten. THEN, after the song, and prayer, and everyone, zillions of people just came up to me, and hugged me (which makes me cry even more!), we got invited over to some of the greaest members' houses... and, basically, I was crying so much, everyone came up to me, and was like, "Basta piangere..." (like, "Stop crying", "that's enough crying"... haha. But, because this past Sunday was so intense and I cried so much, do you know how un-climatic this Sunday (which is actually my last) is gonna be? Dang it. Oh well. So, that was my insane, tear filled, Sunday!

Then, remember my favorite Emily from Siena/England? She's in VERONA! I got to see her, too! :) I love her, oodles. So so much :)

I also gave my last testimony among missionaries... it's called the "Dying Testimony" that you give at your last "Zone Training/Conference"... that was fun. I didn't cry, just got a little teary-eyed, but it was so cool! I felt super duper powerful, just splurting off my testimoney! Fun stuff :)

Also, less important things, the other day I was going to tell Sorella Lyman that the bus won't pass for another 3 minutes, but I ended up saying something like, "Il pullman non passa per 3 settimane..." which means 3 WEEKS! Haha, she was like, "Okay, we might as well go home then..." I didn't even realize what I had said, either! Ha. I got a good laugh out of it :)

Also, if F.llo Garvin ever reads this, Sorella Lyman and I both have to thank him for putting the word "tipo" into our vocab... he was both of our teacher in the MTC, and said that word all the time... and now, we both say that word all the time!

Also, last night I had a dream that I saw Cameron and Camilla in a grocery store (here in Italy) then out popped Aunt Nice and David... and Aunt Nice was like, "No way, you're finishing in a week?!"... haha, I know it's hard to believe!

Okay, last but not least, I'll finish with this. Basically, I haven't had super amounts of success (numbers wise) her at Verona... but, now we're teaching this awesome African woman who is AMAZING! She's keeping her commitments (read a pamphlet about the Piano di Salvezza, and continued on to read the BOM (intro, and has already read the Witnesses, and we didn't even ask her to go on to read that part!)), and really really wants to come to church. There have been obstacles these past 2 weeks getting her to come to church (it's just difficult with a tiny, 1 month old baby baby), but she told us that she really wants to come to church, and she told us she asked a friend to call her every Sunday at 7am, so that she can wake up and get herself ready, then later on she'll wake up her children and get them ready... she has so much real intent, and is so wonderful! She knows that if she didn't make it to church we had to change her baptismal date, because we told her the week prior, but she's going to do all she can to get to church, so that she can be baptized 2 marzo! We love her so much, and she is making so much progress. Keep her in your prayers! My heart is a little sad that I won't be here for her baptism, but I'm pretty much fine... there are some baptisms that I haven't seen, that I wish I could have seen on my mission... but, it's okay, it's not ME that doesn't anything. Babbo, just like you said, I'm just the tool. I just do the work for the one who's really in control, holding the tool in his hand (which reminds me of one of my favorite verses in the Isaia chapters in 2 Nefi... that I cannot remember at the moment).

Well, I've written way too much for this week. I hope y'all all still write me, cause I'm still gonna check my email next p-day! :) Haha.

Vi voglio tanto bene!

Sorella Sara Willis

Our MTC group (minus 2 people who weren't present), ONCE LAST TIME! :/ I love them so so much :)

Anziano Johnson and I! He's the one who reminds me of Luke... 100%... he's SO funny! BFFs :)



Sorella Hanson and I with Sorella Vardeu! (she's Italian, I love her.)


My favorite AP's EVER! Seriously, they make me laugh like crazy. Bravi ragazzi. Anz. Christensen and Anderson.

Sorelle Montagnoli and Stephens! They're so great, I love them :)

Sorella Gjika and I! I love her sooo much! She's from Albania. Speaks English, and Italian, and Albanian all perfectly! She's such a boss :)

Arianna Ascione and I! I love her so much, she's the most simpatica person ever! I just want to be like her :) Haha

Elisabeta Dal Pozzo and I :) She's so cute, I love her! She sews like a boss. That dress she's wearing? She made it. As well as all of her other dresses!

Anziano Payne and I! BENJAMIN LEGRAND WILLIS, did you serve with his brother in Washington? Because, it's very likely that you did!

My last district ever! Anz. Matah'u (something like that), Howell, Garner, McKinnon, Sorella Lyman and I :)


No comments:

Post a Comment